Kona Libre CR 2022 Bike
|Gloss Metallic Pewter
Kona has deep roots in the development of what mountain bikes have become today. Since the company's inception in 1988 it has been under the same founding members' wings, and their staff are passionate about the empowerment of the bicycle. Today their range is vast, spanning across nearly all disciplines and offering models at all price points to reach a broad market of cyclists.
The Libre CR is for the rider that knows exactly what they want in their gravel bike. You want a double ring for maximum gear range. You want easy-to-manage disc brakes. You want the ability to carry a ton of stuff, even if it's just an occasional need. You want that carbon frame and Verso carbon fork that is stiff, light, and tracks well over anything. You want all of this without breaking the bank. Bingo! We've got you covered. Whether bike packing, ripping the local gravel roads, or out on an epic summer-time century, the Libre CR is fast, efficient, and comfortable across any terrain.
Designed to be lightweight and built to demanding standards. Carbon fiber has long been praised for its weight and strength, but rather than chase grams, we place our efforts on the performance that is possible when the right high-modulus fibers are in the right places. Our designers work very closely with our manufacturer to ensure there is no compromise to the desired ride characteristics, durability and - finally - weight stipulations that we expect from our bikes.
Integrated headsets are simple, light and effective headset systems whereby the bearing race cups are actually part of the head tube, and they are either machined away and left with the head tube, bonded (carbon), or welded in with steel or alloy. Like an internal headset, an integrated headset also reduces stack height, so the height of the stem and bars are more adjustable, giving the rider the best fit possible.
Tapered Head Tube
More girth at the bottom of the head tube better distributes shock force, prolonging the bearing life of the headset itself and eliminating brake shudder, while providing confident steering performance. The inherent strength of its triangular design also means a stronger steering position and improved balance, giving the rider more control in rough terrain. A zero-stack, tapered head tube also puts strength where the load is going-into the lower headset cup-maximizing bearing durability where it's needed.
Tubeless Compatible Rims
Tubeless rims allow for tyres with more puncture resistance; the ability to run lower tire pressure, which provides better tire grip on the trail; lower rolling resistance; and weight savings over traditional tube and tire systems.
12 x 142mm Axle
12 x 142mm, 12 x 148 and 12 x 157 rear axle standards provide two major advantages to the Kona rider: the 12mm diameter of the rear axle provides the rear hub and frame with a stiff interface, while the 142 / 148 / 157mm outer diameter of the hub allows the wheel to be quickly and properly positioned in the frame before the rear axle is inserted. For 2017, you'll see the 12 x 148 Boost standard in the mix. Boost spacing provides more tire clearance at the chainstay yoke, while the rear wheel is stiffer and more durable relative to a 12 x 142 thru-axle.
650b wheels and tyres have a similar overall diameter to a traditional 700c gravel or commuting tire, but with a smaller diameter rim and a wider, taller tire. The extra air volume in this new generation of urban and mixed-surface tyres means they can be run comfortably at lower pressures while still rolling quickly on a variety of surfaces. It's the best of both worlds.
Frame and Forks
- Frame: Kona Race Light Carbon
- Forks: Kona Verso Full Carbon Flat Mount Disc
- Headset: FSA No.42ACB
- Crankset: Shimano GRX 600
- Chainrings: 30 / 46 Tooth
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano PF86
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano GRX 400
- Front Derailleur: Shimano GRX 400
- Freewheel: Shimano Deore 11-36 Tooth 10 Speed
- Chain: Shimano Deore
Braking / Shifting
- Shifters: Shimano Tiagra
- Brakes: TRP HDC711C Mechanical / Hydraulic
- Front Rotor: TRP TR160mm
- Rear Rotor: TRP TR160mm
- Brake Levers: Shimano Tiagra
- Rims: WTB KOM Team I25 TCS 2.0
- Front Hub: Formula 100 x 12mm (Centerlock)
- Rear Hub: Formula 142 x 12mm (Centerlock)
- Spokes: Stainless Black 14 Gauge
- Front Tyre: WTB Riddler TCS DUAL 700c x 45mm
- Rear Tyre: WTB Riddler TCS DUAL 700c x 45mm
- Handlebars: Kona Road
- Grips: Velo Shock-Proof Bar Tape
- Stem: Kona Road Deluxe
- Seatpost: Kona Deluxe Thumb with Offset 31.6mm
- Seat Clamp: Kona Clamp
- Saddle: WTB Volt
More from this brand
- Kona Process X DH 2023 Bike£2,449.50RRP £4899.00Save 50%
- Kona Shonky Frame£649.00
- Kona Honzo ESD Frame£899.00
- Kona Rove NRB HD 2023 Bike£1,399.99RRP £1999.99Save 30%
- Kona Process 134 27.5 2023 Bike£1,399.50RRP £2799.00Save 50%
- Kona Process 134 DL 27.5 2023 Bike£2,249.50RRP £4499.00Save 50%
- Kona Process 153 27.5 2023 Bike£1,649.50RRP £3299.00Save 50%
- Kona Rove AL 700 2023 Bike£759.00RRP £1099.00Save 31%
- Kona Honzo DL 2023 Bike£1,785.00RRP £2599.00Save 31%
- Kona Woo 2023 Bike£1,599.00RRP £2299.00Save 30%