Kona Electric Ute 2019 Electric Bike
Kona has deep roots in the development of what mountain bikes have become today. Since the company's inception in 1988 it has been under the same founding members' wings, and their staff are passionate about the empowerment of the bicycle. Today their range is vast, spanning across nearly all disciplines and offering models at all price points to reach a broad market of cyclists.
The Kona Electric Ute is an electric utility bike as the name may suggest and it's perfect for regular urban and rural commuters alike, or those who simply don't want a car. Haul whatever you need to - camping gear, groceries, trail building stuff like axes and shovels. even your kid or dog if they can sit still long enough.
The heavy duty rear rack features a durable wooden top deck which can hold large strap-down items, while the 2 double pannier bags have the volume to carry heaps more. The semi-integrated Bosch battey and discreet motor offers plenty of torque to take the strain off, with multiple levels of assistance to optimise battery life.
It's surprisingly lightweight for its size and is very responsive even off-road and loaded out, with it's multi-surface tyres, predictable rigid Alloy frame / fork and sharp hydraulic disc brakes. Full length mudguards, battery-powered lights and a double kickstand add even more practicality, and the backsweep trekking handlebar encourages a more upright seated position for comfort over long distances.
The Ute is also available non-electric.
Frame and Forks
Frame: Kona 6061 Butted Aluminium, Integrated Rear Rack, QR Dropout For Easy Wheel Management
Fork: Kona Project 2 Rigid Aluminium 12x100mm Dropout
Front Derailleur: N/A
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore Shadow 9-Speed
Cassette: Shimano HG200, 11-32T 9-Speed
Chain: KMC X9
Crankset: FSA Alloy E-Bike Specific, 15T Driver
Bottom Bracket: Motor Integrated, Selaed Cartridge
Shifters: Shimano Acera 9-Speed RHS
Brakes: Tektro HDM285 Hydraulic Disc, 160mm Rotors
Brake Levers: Tektro Hydraulic
Rims: WTB ST i23 Alloy
Hubs: Formula 12mm Front, Shimano Deore QR Rear
Tyres: WTB Horizon Comp 650x47c
Handlebar: Kona Handplant Alloy, Backsweep
Grips: Velo Ergonomic
Headset: FSA No.57b
Stem: Kona Road Alloy
Seatpost: Kona Commuter Alloy, 31.6mm Diameter
Seatclamp: Kona Alloy Bolted
Saddle: Velo Plush
Pedals: Kona Resin Platform
Battery: Bosch Powerpack 500w, Lock + Key
Motor: Bosch Performance Line CX
Display: Bosch Intuvia LCD
More from this brand
- Kona Process 153 CR/DL 29er 2020 Bike£6,299.00 £6299.00Recalculating RRP saving
- Kona Process 153 CR 27.5-Inch 2019 Bike£2,499.99 £2499.99RRP £4599.00Save 46%Recalculating RRP saving
- Kona Operator DL 27.5-inch 2017 Bike£2,499.00 £2499.00RRP £3799.00Save 34%Recalculating RRP saving
- Kona Process 153 CR/DL 27.5-Inch 2019 Bike£3,499.99 £3499.99RRP £5499.99Save 36%Recalculating RRP saving
- Kona Unit X 29er 2020 Bike£1,449.00 £1449.00Recalculating RRP saving
- Kona Remote 160 27.5-Inch 2020 Electric Bike£5,699.00 £5699.00Recalculating RRP saving
- Kona Process 134 AL 29er 2020 Bike£2,399.00 £2399.00Recalculating RRP saving
- Kona Electric Ute 2020 Electric Bike£3,799.00 £3799.00Recalculating RRP saving